Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What is your passion?

When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.
- W. Clement Stone

Do you have a passion for whatever it is you are doing with your life? This could be a hobby, your family or a ministry as well as your job.

I know I have this passion for two areas in my life... my everyday job which is eBay and one of my ministries which is Deaf Cafe, Flint.

In both areas, I have a desire to always learn more how to improve and to do better. That's what keeps the fires of enthusiasm burning inside us....what keeps us looking forward to the next day or next program.

Remembering a miserable job

I know years ago I had a job that I really didn't like. I worked evenings and all day I would not look forward to the fact that at 10:30pm I had to go to work at a place I would be miserable at for the next 8 hours. I had a really bad attitude about it and that certainly didn't help. I was constantly sick in my stomach. My husband, seeing how much I really hated that job, told me to "let go". I called in that night and quit. The paycheck I got from that job was not worth me being so miserable, sick and unhappy.

My Passions now

Knowing I still needed a way to help the family financially, I started being more serious about my eBay business and that's been my passion since. I now look forward to waking up in the mornings and going to "work". I love sitting in my pjs or sweats all day long and not looking at a clock.

In the same way, being involved with Deaf Cafe fulfills a passion of serving the Lord and sharing His gospel. This is a wonderful group of creative friends and we all share this passion.

We just had our October Deaf Cafe this past Saturday and it came together so smoothly. I'm always critical of my own work (as tech person) so of course there was a technical glitch that shouldn't have happened.. but did... nothing to do but keep going.

A Passion for Christ

Our theme was 'Reunions and Masks"... how many people wears "masks" when they go to reunions.... while they might be suffering, etc inside, everyone always says they are doing great and being fake at reunions. With Jesus, you don't need to wear a mask.. you can be yourself... Jesus sees your heart and knows everything about you.

We had part one with a high school reunion on earth and part two had a reunion many years later in heaven. We showed some of the classmates "attended" the heavenly reunion while others never made the decision for Christ and were not able to attend. It was a very profound program. I pray for all the seeds that were planted and may we see everyone who is reading this at the reunion in Heaven!

These two passions are just two of many I have. They keep my happy and busy. They give me something to look forward to. To make goals for. To improve myself constantly. To learn and to grow. If you are not happy today... discover what your passion is... what is it that really interests you and gets your fires burning inside and GO DO IT!