Friday, October 17, 2008

Super Duper Cleaning


Sigh... I'm tired

Today from about 8am to about 1:30pm I did a super duper cleaning of my house. This is a BIG occasion around here because I only do that type of cleaning when a certain something happens... and that certain something is... COMPANY is coming!

Cleaning house is something I do not like to do. Its so time consuming and I would do it only to have to do it again the next day. Its an endless circle!

Don't get the wrong idea... my house would NEVER qualify for the TV shows where people are total slobs and have years worth of grud laying around their house and so much clutter they have a path through their house or rooms are completely unusable.

No no no... my house is nothing like that. In fact my house is not bad. I do keep the living room, dining room and kitchen under control for the most part. Now and then my dining room table disappears if I just got new inventory for eBay or after the Deaf Cafe program or after a period of just being busy. Its a catchall place for whatever but eventually, those items find their proper place.


My bedroom is so-so. We lack closet space in there so both my husband and I tend to just lay our clothes out neatly on either side of the room and just wear that same clothes again the next day (assuming its not dirty). I am bad about that and have a tenancy to wear the same things over and over again and ignore the clothes in my drawers and closet.


No... its the S
UPER DUPER cleaning I don't like.. it's the "get on my hands and knees and scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors"... the "dig out the grud that gathers along the baseboards that the sweeper doesn't pick up"... the "scrubing of the rust spots in the bathtub", "dusting all the knicknacks", etc etc. Ugh...

I have a weird habit of starting my cleaning at one end of the room and gradually working my way towards the other side of the room. I also reward myself with little breaks to check email or have a small piece of chocolate (pre-halloween candy!). I take my
time and do a very thorough job because I don't do this very often.... only when company is coming.

I would never work so hard for my own sake. I have better things to do with my time but company.. well... I don't want my company to think I'm a total slob... however.. I did warn them I was not responsible for what my preteen daughter's and my teenage son's bedrooms looked like!

so... I'm worn out from all that physical labor... but hey.... my house looks nice and smells nice too... that might last until tomorrow...
and my company was impressed!

By the way... thanks for clicking on the google ads on the right of this page! Its working! Last i checked, its over $20.00. I have the goal of getting to $100 before Christmas so help me out please by clicking on any of the ads when you leave this page. I'll do the same for your blog too if you leave a comment and leave your link!