Friday, May 30, 2008

Black Grand Prix in our Driveway

It's an exciting day for our family today. After years of driving junk cars/vans, we finally got a nice set of wheels in our driveway!

Today, we purchased a black 1999 Grand Prix from a coworker of my husband. While I wish it wasn't 9 years old, it is in very good shape for its age and it was taken good care of over the years. We are only the 2nd owner so we have all the history, etc of the car. It even got some fancy stuff we never enjoyed before like a sunroof and heated seats!

25 years of vehicles

I'm trying to remember all the vehicles we had during our 25 years of marriage. I'm not good at this so I'm going to have to get my husband involved with giving me the names. I do remember a 97 Lumina, a 92 Prism, 91 Tracer, 89 Topaz, 85 Dodge Colt, 87 Linx, a 93 Buick Century, a full size gas guzzler van, a 97 van (we still have that one) and a 1989 van (just sold that one last week). Some of the cars in our early years of marriage were leases before we wised up and realized that was not a smart purchase. Those were the only time we ever had a brand new car. We also tend to keep our vehicles until they more or less fall apart or just get too expensive to fix.

Now that we are older, its not that important to have brand new vehicles. We are more concerned now about gas mileage, condition of the vehicle and getting a good deal for our money. It's nice if the windows work too!

We are blessed. Thank you Lord for providing for our need.