Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts from a Friend

Email Devotions called Thoughts

Most days during the week I get a "thought" email from a man I have never met but feel I can call him a friend. His name is Stephen Cain. He is a Senior Staff Interpreter for the Disability Support Services at Jacksonville State University in AL. I don't know him as an interpreter, I know him as a Christian and a good writer who sends out email devotions he calls his "thoughts".

I asked Stephen this morning if I could post his thoughts now and then in my blog. He said, "I do not mind at all if you post them on your blog. Whatever will help further His kingdom is what is best." I also suggested to Stephen to start his own blog so the whole world and not just a small group can read his devotions. He responded that he doesn't know how to do a blog. One of these days I or someone will have to teach him!

Here is Stephen's "thought" for today. Thank you Stephen for allowing me to share!

You know, I don't have a very in-depth "Thought" this morning to give you. It is simply this: love each other. I don't care who has done what to you. Is it really that important in the big scheme of things? Is it worth destroying your testimony over by being hateful to whomever for the rest of your life? Sure, there are people that are going to get on our nerves worse than others. I know I get on everyone's nerves. And I know that people say things and do things that hurt us or tick us off. They are still souls that are loved by God and should be loved by us. Remember the second greatest commandment, right after the greatest which is to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'" (Matthew 22:39).