Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring in Michigan

Sunny and 75 degrees today!

I think it is finally safe to say it is spring in Michigan - or at last the central to southern portion. Upper Penninsula area did have a foot of snow just this past weekend. wow... pity sign to them!

Michigan had a rough winter and we are SO looking forward to some sunny warm days! I think my area was just shy of breaking the all time most snow in a season record. My snow shovel got lots of use! Last winter we hardly had any snow at all so its just a cycle... sometimes we do... sometimes we don't.

Sharing thoughts

I was reading my devotions this morning from Ecclesiastes 11:5. It says:

As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed in a mother's womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things.

No. I do not try to attempt to understand why things happen the way they do. One day when I'm in heaven (and I know I will be!), we will have all understanding. I look forward to that day.

Remember Making Deals with God

I know when I was growing up, I hated being deaf (really at that time, I was hard of hearing). I thought God was punishing me. I can't remember how many deals I made with God IF he would only made me hear.
IF I could hear... then I could serve Him better. IF I could hear...all my problems would be gone. IF I could hear... so on and so forth....
Of course, that is all foolishness of youth. I understand now God had a purpose for the way He created me. I CAN be of service to Him no matter if hearing, deaf, black, white, purple, orange, etc.
ALL of us are valuable and are of use. We all have a purpose in life. Do you know what YOUR purpose is?