Monday, September 1, 2008

Try Just one more time

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
- Thomas A. Edison

Everyday I get an inspriational email from Cynthia Kersey's Unstoppable Enterprises. You can go to her site and sign up for her free insight of the day email. The above quote came in today's email stash.

So many times I think too many of us just give up. We decide its too hard and not worth our effort. I have a person in my mind as I write this. I have to constantly encourage her to "get off her feet" and get moving. Think of other people and less about herself. Stay busy. She falls into depressions easily and its a mountain and valley road of ups and downs. Right now she seems to be in a valley and has "quit" everything. She has pulled herself into a shell and put a sign outside that more or less says, "Out of Service".

I once read somewhere that many of us walk around wearing signs that say "Out of Service for the Lord". Well... think about that.. if you are not serving the Lord, who ARE you serving? You would be serving Satan and the world and yourself. That is something I try hard not to do. I have NO desire to give Satan a moment of my attention. However, I'm not perfect so obviously sometimes Satan does get my attention as he whispers lies into my thoughts and I fail and do sin but I try to immediately get up, dust myself off and as the quote above says...."try one more time".

I know I will be successful. If God be for us, who can be against us? from Romans 8:13. We know Satan will never stop trying to pull us over to his side but we know God is the one who is going to win in the end!