Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost at the Fork in the Road

What have I been up to? Well... its almost the time of transition for me. Soon I will be cutting loose from the church I am currently a member of and joining another church that my husband serves at as the Deaf Pastor.

I gave 6 weeks notice 4 weeks ago. The closer it gets to my "final" day, the more I'm looking forward to it. It had not been an easy decision but things have happened recently that give me the feeling and peace that I know I made the right decision.

The Lord has a new "job" for me as a Pastor's wife. I'm honored and hope I can meet the expectations of such a role.

This afternoon is the final business meeting I will be taking notes for at the deaf church. I have no idea who will be replacing me as their secretary but I know the Lord will provide for their needs. I DO want that church to continue strong with or without me.

This past Saturday I also "cut loose" from my role as secretary for MiBCD. This was necessary because I would no longer be a member of a SBC church. I will miss this group. They honored me at their fellowship and that was sweet.

I want to end with a quote... something to think about...I love my life now. I love what I do for a career and I love serving the Lord.

When you spend your life doing what you love to do, you are nourishing your Soul. It matters not what you do, only that you love whatever you happen to do.
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross