Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pray for person who robbed our home

A weekend of emotional highs and lows
I was spending a delightful weekend along the beach in Delware with my mom and 5 sisters only to receive a phone call late Saturday night that our house was broken into while my husband and son were at the movies. My daughter was with a friend and not home either. I returned home to Michigan last night and from what we can determine, my husband's laptop and all my best jewelry is gone. It had to be an older kid or small adult as they came through the kitchen window which I can't imagine myself crawling through.

We have proof
One interesting thing is that this was caught on the security camera that our neighbor (who just happens to be our brother in law). We can clearly see a bicycle go by the house and then around the house to the back yard.... 15 mins later we see a person walk around the house (as he came out the front door) and then a bicycle drive down the driveway. It was pouring rain and lighting during this time so quality is not the best. Today a copy of that will be taken to the police.

Things can be replaced
All this stuff will be covered by insurance so we are not upset by the loss of "things"... although the loss of the laptop is a huge inconvenience for my husband. My family is safe and damage to the window was minimal.

Pray for the boy
I ask for prayers for this young boy as obviously he needs some guidance in his life. I pray our house is the LAST house he ever steals from and someone will share Jesus with him and he change the direction he is going into. I'm much more concerned about this boy's soul than diamonds and pearls. My husband and I have already forgiven this boy and continue to pray for him.

Thanks and let's watch out for our neighbors!