Monday, September 29, 2008

Psalms 16:8

What is your favorite Bible verse? We were talking about that yesterday in church. Of course the first one that was mentioned was John 3:16. That would probably be the most famous verse in the Bible and most people are able to recite that... but do they know what it mean?

I have several favorite verses and they change as I become familiar with new ones while I read my Bible. Right now one of my top five favorites is from the Old Testament... Psalms 16:8.

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved"

To me that says... no matter what is happening around me during my life here on earth, I shall stand firm in my beliefs and the Lord shall always be before me and be my focus. He is what I keep my eyes on and what is most important to me.

What is YOUR favorite verse?