Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally figured out Quickbook!

Join me and do the "happy dance"!





After 6 weeks of taking a Quickbook class and the same amount of weeks of struggling... I think I finally "got" Quickbook Pro. I'm by no means a pro though! I just understand enough for the purpose of keeping books for my
business.

I've been struggled with trying to reconcile my bank acct. I had to start with January. After days of trying, I ended up with $4.01 too much. I gave up and forced it to reconcile and moved to February. I did February 3 times and I kept coming up with $157 too much. I FINALLY figured out that PayPal was holding my money at the end of the month for a few charges I made around that time that had not yet cleared. OH PAH! once I understood that and made the necessary adjustments, the puzzle pieces started to fit together.

I told my friends I feel like I climbed a very tall mountain and now I can see the other side!

Next is bringing the acct up to date and doing March. I think March should go much faster now that I'm getting a better understanding of accounting and bookkeeping. I still think numbers and me do not like each other but we just might be able to get along well enough.