Friday, July 25, 2008

I am Somebody. For I am God's child

I have a spare bedroom filled with boxes of Bible related books. Everyday I go into this room and just ramdomly select the next lot of books I will list on my eBay auctions. I'm focusing on the piles of books on the floor right now so I can move around in there better. I have another load of eBay consignment items coming the first week of August so I'm trying to make room for that load.

Robert H. Schuller

Anyways... yesterday I decided to list a "lot" (thats an eBay term for more than one) of books I have written by Robert Schuller. He is the pastor of the Crystal Cathedral in California. I was leafing through a book he wrote called, "Self Esteem: The New Reformation". I mostly look for any torn pages or markings, etc. Now and then something jumps out and I'll read here and there.

This poem or maybe its a song, jumped out at me. Since there are no resources listed, I am assuming this was written by Robert Schuller himself so I will give him the credit.

I am be young; I may be old,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.

I may be educated: I may be unlettered,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be black; I may be white,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be rich; I may be poor,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be fat; I may be thin,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be married; I may be divorced,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be successful; I may be a failure,
But I am somebody,
For I am God's child.


I may be a sinner; I may be a saint,
But I am somebody,
For Jesus in my Savior.
For I am God's child!!!


How comforting. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior, you ARE SOMEBODY. You ARE His CHILD. That's a powerful thought. At all times... think positive thoughts!