Monday, January 19, 2009

Growing up with Dogs and Cats

Do you love dogs? I grew up with a shaggy mutt. I don't know if the dog was a girl or boy but its name was Sparky. I don't really have any direct memories about Sparky... just what my mom has told me. Apparently, Sparky was very protective of me and my twin sister when we were babies. Sparky would constantly be by our sides. How cute. I guess Sparky died before I could have a personal relationship with her/him.

I remember another dog we had. Its name was Blue. This was a very small dog. I remember we used to give it baths in the sink. But something was wrong with Blue. He kept having accidents in the house. Of course, that didn't make my mom very happy. I don't remember what we did with Blue but we didn't have him very long.

Since my father had a grocery store and we lived above it, we often had German Shepherd dogs that lived outside. They were more guard dogs than pets but I would try to give them some attention. They were impossible to let off their leash as when they were let loose, they RAN and it took a very long time to get them home again. Oh... I remember several times we had to go around the neighborhood looking for these dogs. I can't remember their names anymore but I do know it was my responsibility to feed them every night while I was in high school.

We also had a cat. His name was Squeaky. Funny name for a cat. He was a yellow tabby and its interesting that I have another yellow tabby now in my own home!

I am enclosing a cute video of sleepy cats and dogs I hope you will enjoy.

I also want to mention that I have a new website called
Dog Supplies Finder. No matter what you might be looking for that your dog needs... a dog fence, a pooper scooper, treats, dogfood, clothes, flea powder, grooming tools, crates, dishes, beds, blankets, leashes, obedience tapes, etc, you will find it on this site. I hope you will check it out and bookmark it for the next time you need dog supplies.