Monday, November 3, 2008

Standing up for my Faith

I wanted to share about a discussion I was a part of last week. I belong to a business forum and while I asked a different question, someone brought up the fact that I include the byline of Psalms 16:8 in my emails. That opened the door to discuss whether or not its a good idea to include religion with your business.

I decided I was going to do a little test.
On my
eBay site, I sell a lot of Bible related study books. I also sell other items like military stuff, photography books and magazines, clothing, household items, etc. I know some of my buyers are Christians but not all.

I decided I would remove that Psalms 16:8 byline when I send emails to those who did not purchase a Bible related book. I did that for three days and I felt so guilty. Why was I hiding the fact that I am a Christian? Am I ashamed to admit that? Am I concerned about offending those who might not share the same beliefs? Am I afraid of losing business?

I couldn't do it.
I could not separate my faith and my business as my faith is who I am. I can't hide my faith anymore than I can hide the fact that I am deaf - although I tried very hard to do just that when I was younger! My faith is something I want to share. I want everyone to know that I am a Christian and I'm not ashamed to admit that.


I have since put back that byline and it goes out to everyone I respond to. If I offended someone, oh well.. they can take their business elsewhere. I know the Lord will prosper me for being faithful and not being ashamed. I am not of this world!

What does Psalms 16:8 say?
"I have set the Lord always before me because He is at my right side. I shall not be moved".

Therefore, no matter what the world says, I'm not moving and I'm going to stay firm with my Lord at my right side.


Be true to yourself today too.