Sunday, February 22, 2009

One of those MOM weeks



I just had one of those mom weeks when you wonder if you are really cut out to be a mom or not and what was I thinking when I first dreamed that having children was a brilliant idea!

First my 13 yr old threw a fit because I asked nicely... if I buy you a new pair of jeans, will you clean up your bedroom in exchange? She was not very nice and threw the jeans back on the rack while screaming under her breath, FORGET IT! She then pulled out her ZUNE and earbuds, walked out of Sears and completely shut me out. I guess she didn't want the jeans bad enough.


Then my 16 year old son got mad at me because I have the gall to contact three of his teachers to ask, "how is Tyler doing in your class this week?". He wants us to back off with nagging him about his grades when I get emails from his teachers telling me he is falling asleep during class and missing assignments. I'm supposed to back off and let this be ok???

Then there is my 21 year old who is more or less on his own. He doesn't have much contact with me anymore. It is MUCH easier to pick up his cell phone and talk to dad about life questions and concerns than it is to actually sit down and type an email to his deaf mom. His father bugs him all the time to "write to mom". sigh.

Then today a friend of mine sent me this video and I just laughed and laughed! It feels so good to know I'm not alone! To all the moms out there.... don't give up... tomorrow is another day!